They Say it Lke It's A Bad Thing...

My beloveds.

I'm from the old school.

That is no secret.

Ohhh, my beloveds i remember when I was but a sprite-yay high, and I would have the unmitigated gall to sass my Big Mama.

Just thinking about my beatings, makes me flinch still today.

My Big Mama would make me walk the long walk of death to the field.

I had to pick off the 'whoopin' tree' young branches. No less than three, and bring them back to her. My grandmother would test the branches by swinging each individual branch. The 'whooooosh' sounds those vines made would almost make me lose my 'water.' Grandmother would braid those vines together so fast your head would spin! She'd put her hand on those massive hips of hers and she would light into me verbally before lighting into my bee-hind literally. My eyes never left those braided vines that were in her right hand as she reiterated my offenses.

Which was worse?

Her disappointment in me, or the anticipation of the burning welts and stinging skin on my back?

While I did not like being punished, I do know my grandmother love me.

I bring this up because I had a nice chuckle when I read CNN's article stating more than 200,000 kids were spanked in school last year.

heeeeee heeeee

that is funny!

oh i remember when i was in 9th grade-i stood up for someone in class, and well it wasn't appreciated. I was sent to the office and the counselor wanted to lick me with a paddle.

No sirrreeeee, I saw big boys cry.

Why would I volunteer for that madness? lol

of course when it comes to getting whooped in school there are those for and against it.

I say whoop that azz!

Whoopings politically known as Corporal Punishment is legal in 21 states. It is still actively practiced in Missouri, Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida.

Well, imagine that.

One woman's son was swatted 3 yrs ago, eventhough his mother stated in writing she did not want her son corporally punished. The letter couldn't be found. Mmmmm hmmmmm

Read more of this story here




source

Until next time: may your heart and soul stir as a pot of grits! For I am, f.k.a. Big MaMa

0 comments: