Monday Musings...

Being the faux Maya Angelou doesn't come without it's trials and tribulations.

I got to thinking about some of the male callers throughout my life, and each interaction was added on to the previous interaction. You know, like sliding 1 piece of popcorn after another onto thread until it's big enough to encompass the Xmas tree.

There was a universal theme common in all the gentlemen callers.

LIES.

I'm not saying every gentleman is a liar, beloved.

But I bet an acre of my land, my beloveds can tell some stories about the stories their gentlemen friends have created.

hahahaha

*sigggggghhh*

So without further ado, Faux Maya Angelou's (in the rhythm of "Still I Rise"):

Still He Lied

You look at me as coagulated mystery,

With your shameless hollow eyes,

U refuse to see the infected wounds of my hurt,

And still, like yesterday, he lied

***

Does my confidence beset you

Why are you dark as doom?

Cause I walk like I've been granted the power

to raise the dead out of tombs?

***

As sure as my experiences

And those of past women cries

No expectation, No disappointment

Cuz still he lies

***

Did you think I believed you

When you refused to look me at my eyes?

To know you have such disdain for my respect and integrity

brought up my spirit cries!

***

Does my resilience confuse you?

Then take it to the Lawd

Cuz I lol and roflmbo without a care in the world

For I gave them all to God!

***

U can attempt to hurt me with your verbs

Or look me up and down cross eyed

U may attempt to break me with your threats

But still like yesterday, you lied.

***

Does my swagger tripp you?

Like who would be surprised

There is more to me than what you see

Not just the prized triangle between my thighs

***

On the phone when i called your name

U lied.

And when i texted u, and asked u the same

U lied.

I am rubber, bending and stretching

Expanding, contracting I let each lie ride.

Choosing to give you an out to tell the truth
U lied

Asking the same question in a different manner
U lied

Bringing the strength to endure is what foremothers gave me
I and my posterity are the face of tomorrow, u can't enslave me

U lied
U lied
U lied.

Now try telling the truth.

***

Creative Commons License
Still He Lied by Faux Maya Angelou is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.




Young person, I assure you every word I speak-is truth. For I am, f.k.a. Big MaMa

1 comments:

Mohamed Shaban said...

Hi Anok.. it is my plesure as i promised to be in touch with love by visiting ur so sweet blog more and more .. 1st to say it is very nice poem to a very beautiful poettess.. 2nd to thank you for ur visiting my blog and to be inside it always by adding your beautiful photo on my guestbook on slid-photo sharing .. 3rd to ask your approval for my adding myself in your yahoo messenger list.. so i hope that iam not a heavy visitor.. and send my best respects and regards